Monday, September 15, 2014


What makes us human?

  • Anthropologists have looked for cultural evidence to identify and describe human remains and help determine "what makes us human." 
  • The ability to behave with humanity  (I certainly am not aware of someone who can fully "behave with humanity" to a full extent)




I am human,

a fragile creature

made of a broken heart

and broken promises

I am human because I can fake a smile

I can force a laugh

because sometimes my anxiety takes over

I have the ability to reason

and a higher degree of self-awareness

because I possess the ability to receive love

Certainly not just rationality

I am human because I embrace every feeling that comes with that phrase

I am not merely a machine






AbleAdaptableAdventurousAffableAffectionateAgreeableAmbitiousAnalyticalAssertiveAstuteAttentiveAware
BalancedBraveBrightBrilliantCalmCapableCaringCautiousCertainCharitableChirpyCompassionateConfidentConsiderateConsistentCooperativeCourageousConscientiousCourteousDecisiveDedicatedDependableDeterminedDevotedDisciplinedDrivenEfficientEgalitarianEmpatheticEnduringEnterprisingEruditeFaithfulFarsightedFlexibleFocusedForgivingFriendlyFrugalGenerousGentleGivingGracefulGratefulHardworkingHarmoniousHelpfulHonestHumbleHumorousIdealisticImaginativeIndependentIndustriousInnovativeInsightfulInspiringInvigoratingJoyfulJustKindLogicalLovingLoyalMatureMethodicalModestMotivatingNobleNurturingObedientOpen-mindedOptimisticOrganizedOutgoingPassionatePatientPerceptivePerseveringPoisedPolitePracticalProfessionalPunctualRealisticReliableResourcefulRespectfulResponsibleSelflessSensitiveSimpleSincereSpontaneousStableStrong-willedTactfulThoughtfulThriftyTolerantTrustworthyUnderstandingUnflappableVisionaryVitalWarmWillingWise


AggressiveApatheticArrogantBelligerentBiasedBoastfulBoorishBossyCallousCarelessCausticComplacentConceitedConnivingControllingCowardlyCurtCynicalDeceitfulDishonestDisrespectfulEgocentricEvilExactingFearfulFinickyFussyGarrulousGlumGreedyGrumpyHarriedHarshHaughtyHostileIgnorantImmatureImpatientInconsiderateIndecisiveInsensitiveInterferingIrresponsibleJealousKilljoyLanguidLazyLaxLonerMaliciousMaterialisticMeanMiserlyMoodyNaiveNarrow-mindedNastyObnoxiousObstinateOutspokenPessimisticPetulantPompousPossessiveQuarrelsomeQuixoticRambunctiousRebelliousResentfulRigidRudeSarcasticScornfulSelfishSpitefulStingyStubbornSuperficialTaciturnThoughtlessTouchyUncouthUngratefulUnreliableUnscrupulousUntidyVainVengefulVulgarWicked

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful. I really like how you formatted it and the words at the end were very original, though I must confess I didn't read them all. You sound like you've gone through a lot. Keep feeling

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I possess the ability to receive love" i really just like this. You should probably be able to do this if you want to be human.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I am human because I can fake a smile"

    And the words were a nice touch.

    #bestvocabularyblogpost

    ReplyDelete