Tuesday, December 2, 2014

mother nature.

dear mother nature:

thanks for the cheesy cotton candy sunset after i lost my best friend on my drive home. it helped a little. thanks for making emerald green horse pastures that i believed rolled on forever as i grew up  in that little white farmhouse made of your wood. the honeysuckle on featherbed lane, its scent is still with me. thank you. thanks for flurrying on my street corner for my corny first kiss. i'll never forget how the snowflakes covered his eyelashes under the street lamp. thank you for your lightning. we watched it four hours on the porch and it sparked the best heart to heart of all time. thanks for the view of they valley from my room, the city lights that shine in my dark moments. actually, screw "mother nature" thank you God. thank you God for pouring rain on the nights my sleepless nights. i know you're crying with me. THANK YOU GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment