Tuesday, December 2, 2014

where your heart is.


where your heart is.
"if you want to know where your heart is, look where your mind goes when it wanders."
but i hate that
because hearts are unreasonable. illogical. hopeful. unrealistic.
they long for the taste their lips allowed.
the way your horizons met.
the way their heart aimlessly beats on the radio.

but that taste was lost months ago.
and your horizons will never fuse again.
and your radio blew out last week.

hearts.
they leave the door unlocked.
they leave the lights on.

love, it's killing me.
damn you, heart. why did my first grade teacher tell me you kept me alive.

one of the most courageous decisions i'll ever make is to finally let go of what's hurting my heart,
but i'm not brave enough to say goodbye, cause i don't want a new hello.


3 comments:

  1. But I'm not brave enough to say goodbye.

    SOO soo good and real

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hearts leaving doors unlocked and lights on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cause I don't want a new hello

    Exactly how I feel.

    ReplyDelete